City Insurance can collect your personal data but only with your approval and if you voluntarily offer them. The recorded information is used by the operator and will be communicated only to the contractual partners of City Insurance.
We use personal the personal data collected for the following purposes:
- To deliver services such as newsletters, information regarding events or products that you requested or purchased.
- To personalize the service we offer you.
- To communicate with you concerning the selected services.
- To ensure your access to sections with limited access of the website.
- To publish a list of winners of the City Insurancecompetition.
The rights guaranteed by the 677/2001 law, regarding personal protection against personal data processing and their free circulation, are extended to all users of this website. Thus, according to the 677/2001 law, any natural person benefits from the following rights:
- The right to access personal data, to obtain from the operator, by request and free of charge limited to a single demand per year, the confirmation that its personal data are processed by it or not;
- The right to request the rectification, update, blocking, deleting or transformation of the personal data into anonymous data if the processing is not done according to the legal provisions of the 677/2001 law.
- The right to oppose the processing of its data, at any moment, for sound and legitimate reasons regarding its particular situation, except for the case where there are contrary legal dispositions. In the event of a justifiable opposition, the processing will not include the respective data.
- The right to oppose, at any moment, free of charge and without any justification, that its data be processed for direct marketing purposes, on behalf of the operator or a third party or to be transmitted to a third party for this purpose.
- The right to not be subjected to an individual decision, taken exclusively based on personal data processing.
- The right to litigate when one suffers damages due to the processing of its personal data.
- The right to file a complaint before the supervisory authority if it considers its data was not processed according to the law. Thus, the natural person must file a written complaint, dated and signed, to S.A. – R City Insurance S.A. (including by e-mail). In it, the person must specify whether it wishes that the information/measures taken be communicated at a certain address (including e-mail) or via a mailing service that ensures personal delivery.
City Insurance will not divulge any personal information it obtains from you to a third party without your permission, except in certain limited situations:
- Complying with legal provisions;
- To protect the security of its website and its rights, according to the Terms and Conditions section;
- Acting in emergency situations in order to protect the personal safety of its employees, the beneficiaries of its products or services or other public figures.
City Insurance does not sell, exchange or rent personal data to third parties.
The security of the data collected
We commit to apply the adequate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against accidental or illegal destruction, loss, modification, disclosure or unauthorized access. That is why we use standard security technology used in our domain.
City Insurance uses security methods and technologies, along with policies that apply to its employees and work procedures, in order to protect the personal data collected according to the legal provisions in force. Personal data are stored in a protected database, to which only certain City Insurance employees have access.
The online transactions are done through ePayment (GECAD ePayment International S.R.L.). For the online purchases, personal data collection is done through a SSL encrypted connection, by using a digital certificate issued by www.thawte.com, a company of VeriSign.
City Insurance has no intention of collecting personal data from underage natural persons.
The Confidentiality Policy is submitted to Romanian legislation. In the event of litigation, an amiable resolution should be first attempted, in 30 business days since the complaint was submitted to City Insurance Headquarters. If an agreement cannot be reached in the previously mentioned time span, the litigation will be heard by the corresponding court.